Food in School
- Children attending Normand Croft are welcome to eat a school meal in our self-service dining hall or bring in a packed lunch from home.
- School meals cost £2.40 per day or £12.00 per week.
- Healthy options are always available, with a wide range of choices including daily freshly baked bread, a salad bar and fresh fruit platter; everyday there are halal, non-halal and vegetarian options.
- Please let us know if your child has any food allergies to ensure that an appropriate meal is provided.
- Packed lunches should be brought to school each day and placed in the appropriate storage box. Please ensure that the packed lunch is an appropriate healthy balanced meal. Packed lunches will be monitored by the school and parents informed if the meals are not meeting nutritional standards. Please not that packed lunches are not refrigerated during the morning, so please ensure that contents do not require refrigeration.
- All meals are eaten in the dining hall. Children sit in friendship groups, with a weekly opportunity to change tables.
Free school meals
- All children in Rec, Y1 & Y2 are currently eligible for a free school meal.
- From Year 3 upwards some children whose families meet the criteria may be entitled to continue to receive a free school meal.
- If you think your child may be eligible, please ask at the office for details on how to apply or alternatively if you are in receipt of benefits and wish to apply directly to the local authority, please click on the link below
Healthy snacks and drinks
- Under the Fruit in School scheme children in Early Years, Y1 & Y2 are entitled to a piece of fruit each day free of charge. This is given as a playtime snack.
- Children are encouraged to have a water bottle and are encouraged to drink water during the day. In nursery and Rec a snack table with a jug of water is available during the day.
- Sweets, chocolate, chewing gum, fizzy drinks and energy drinks are not permitted in school and should not form any part of children’s packed lunch or playtime snacks.