Our Governing Board
A very warm welcome to Normand Croft Community School
My name is Martin Deville and I’m the Chair of Governors at Normand Croft.
The Governors are a group of volunteers, including parents, who work in partnership with the Head Teacher and the others on the senior leadership team to support school improvement.
Governors are passionate about securing high quality teaching and learning for all children, and committed to ensuring that we offer an excellent local school to local families.
We’re all very proud of our school and recognise the hard work and commitment of the staff team, who are tireless in seeking to provide the very best opportunities for children to succeed.
As a Governor Team our role is to offer strategic guidance and ‘steer’ to ensure that everything that can be done to raise standards of teaching and learning at Normand Croft is done.
We do this in a number of ways:
- Contributing to the school self-evaluation process, including review of strengths and weaknesses and deciding priorities for improvement
- Discussing and approving the school’s targets and timescales
- Evaluating progress and achievements
- Ensuring the school has an Improvement Plan that sets out all the actions to be taken, and monitoring this
- Reviewing School Policies
- Agreeing the school budget and ensuring resources are deployed and managed to best effect
Our Governor Team currently consists of:
Local Authority Governor:
Martin Deville; Marie Thomas; Kenna Worthington; Sian Richards; Matt Mason; Virginie Kaabachi ; Paul Jobson
I feel it’s essential that we also listen carefully to parents, especially during this period where the school is striving to address the points for action identified by Ofsted and return to good or better as rapidly as possible. With this in mind we would be happy to receive any feedback or comments. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a comment in to the comment box at the school’s reception.
I hope you find our school website useful and informative. If you’d like to know more about the school why not arrange a visit by calling us on 0207 385 6847.
We are required to publish the following additional information about our Governor Team: